Reina Pepiada: We are talking crunchy arepa, stuffed with shredded chicken, avocado, onions, and mayo. Trust us, this will become your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
If you are looking for gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, you may substitute the regular mayonnaise for a vegan avocado mayonnaise. Using Greek yogurt instead of regular mayo can also lower the calories and fat content on the meal.
Ingredients: 5-6 servings
- 6 TOAST-IT Original Toasted Corn Arepas
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp onion sliced
- 2 Hass avocados
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (you can substitute with avocado mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt)
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mayonnaise (or substitute), and onions. Mash the avocados and add them to the mix. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place each TOAST-IT arepa on a toaster on a defrost setting for 5 minutes.
-Open your TOAST-IT arepas with a sharp knife and fill them with the mix.
-Enjoy! Your life will not be the same after this…
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.